Monday, August 10, 2009

Urban Boatbuilders joins the 21st century!


Hi!
My name is Sydney. This is me on Lake Phalen in a boat I built. I've been working at Urban Boatbuilders for 11 months now, and am the lead apprentice.
Working with boats 3 times a week really changes my thinking about crafting, and woodworking, and of course building boats. I never thought I would work somewhere were I would have the chance to do anything quite like this. I found UBB by going to a camp at the shop last summer. I enjoyed it so they invited me to come back. I think the experience that everyone gets out of this job is very unique and I don't think you'll ever really get another one like it. So far while I've been here I've worked on and completed eight or more boats. Thanks for taking the time to look at our 1st Blog!
-Sydney, 15, lead apprentice